Monday, November 20, 2006

Come Fly With Me - Frank Sinatra

I finally booked my flight to Calgary. It took me ~3 hours to figure it out but I'm leaving on Dec 19 and returning on Jan 6. That's 2.5 weeks, the longest Christmas trip back ever (due to a favourable Rotman schedule). If I didn't take winter intensive courses in the first two weeks of January, I could have taken 4.5 weeks off =/ So I'll be missing two mens games and one Friday mixed game. Havn't missed this many games... ever!

What's cool about my travel plans is that I'm flying Air Canada to Cowtown and WestJet (for the first time) back to Hogtown. They just happened to give me the best prices on the days I wanted. And what amused me the most was when I was at the last step of purchasing the AC ticket electronically, the system told me that the price had changed. I naturally thought fuck but then it turned out that the price had gone down by $30! So the total trip costs me less than $500, and I don't think I've ever flown for that little to Calgary before.

Plans include a trip to Oiler country to visit friends, including baldy (aka Shawn, aka allers) and hit up Whyte Ave and maybe crash at his place for the night. Havn't been to Edmonton in like 10 years. Also will meet up with Scotty (aka Scott Moon), possibly for drinks at Shanks, who I havn't seen since he left for space school in France in the summer. Will also meet up with Andu Ree (aka Andrew Reid, who I met on PEY at Inco) for a movie.

Fashion Advice Needed!!!

So michy is making a grand return to TO this coming weekend and we are continuing the tradition of playing in the Mixed Kick-Off Bonspiel at EYCC. Last year, they gave out prizes to the top team outfits, so in hopes that they do it again, we're trying to decide what to wear.

One idea was to go Scottish (since inky, aka Kenny) is Scottish. Inky would wear a kilt (and I may be coerced into wearing one as well) while michy and shang wore plaid tops. In the event that we chicken out of kilts, we could just all do matching plaid (though icky owns no plaid except for a pair of boxers). Idea two is to wear our underwear on the outside, inspired by Matt Chmilar from grade 10 in Mme Lotvedt's French class fashion show skit. Idea three is to curl in our pajamas, somewhat inspired by Bryan "Big B" McHugh. Thoughs, anyone?

No comments: