Friday, August 12, 2005

An actual update

On Wednesday I was heading into the U bookstore when I heard a familiar voice. It was none other than Teresa (who I first talked to on the bus in grade 10 b/c I thought she sounded like a girl I knew from elementary). I never did have classes with her b/c she was a French IB and the courses taught in English never matched. With her were Hardeep and Sid, both will be doing grad school at UBC. Nice to hear WCHS success stories. Teresa is actually getting married later this month, on the same day as my relative.

On Thursday, I met up with Andu Ree (Andrew Reid) who I worked with at Inco who moved out to Calgary earlier this summer to look for better work. He lives with an Aunt south of Calgary. We hit up Chinook Centre (arguable Calgary's most popular mall) and had a rough time finding Joey Tomato's for dinner. I've always wanted to eat at Joey's but never expected young female waitresses to be wearing such revealing clothing. It was like an upscale Hooters. I ordered a Keiths, a Mediteranean fish dish, and a choclate soufflé. My bill came to $35 which wasn't so bad given how good the food was. Then we went to the theatre to watch Dukes of Hazzard which is highly recommended.

Today I woke up early to have coffee with Teresa and Lindsay and then had lunch with them. Will be meeting with elementary/junior high school friends in the evening. FYI: In the Alberta school system, our grades are broken up in chunks of 3 years: elementary is grades 1-6 (+kindergarten), junior high is 7-9, and high school is 10-12. Although there are some combined schools, generally, elementary schools are separate from junior highs which are separate from high schools.

No comments: