My first curling match happened last Friday with the the Sheridan Park Curling League. I spared as a second and came out with a 7-3 win in 6 ends. Played quite well and was very very tired from sweeping; I was panting heavily after 5 ends! Fortunately, I remembered to stretch and avoided the same pain that I experienced the previous week.
Today was also the UofT Curling Club's open house. Michy and chip returned to the ice after the summer break. Tricky stepped back onto the ice for the first time since OAC. Good job chip for avoiding those spectacular wipeouts. Too bad for the spectators! Michy and tricky improved greatly as the afternoon progressed. I'm really looking forward to our first match as a team next Friday.
Speaking of which, we need a new coach and new fan club members to cheer us on.
Also, go to the curling page and click Shotstone Curling to download a demo version of their curling game. This game is fantastic (great graphics, options, and the physics is very accurate) and the demo has all the features of the registered version except for it is time limited to 10 minutes per session. But that is enough time to get through one end of play and all you have to do is close the program and open it again to play another end. It's a big program which is why I can't offer it from my downloads page.
No comments:
Post a Comment