Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Calgary Stampede 2005 is now over. They set a new all-time total attendance record of 1,242,928, beating the old record set last year by over 20,000. My favourite Chuckwagon driver, Buddy Bensmiller finished second in the aggregate which qualified him for the $50,000 "Dash for Cash" finale where he finished second to Luke Tournier. MM's favourite, Roger Moore, was bringing up the rear of the pack.

Started to golf this season, hitting the range twice at Beaches Fairway. Placer golf day was fun except we only played 7.5 holes before the thunder and lightning struck. I was just starting to play some good holes, coming off a bogey on 6, a par on 7, and looking like another par or bogey on 8. I was grouped with the Chairman of the Board, the executive assistant to the CEO, and the CFO. Golf has been postponed but I'm not sure they'll get around to rescheduling it while I'm still here.

Soaked up lots of culture at Asian Market up on Steeles and Warden with Teddy + Co. and got mightily frightened by the gangster-looking teenage girls who played jitz at Metro.

No comments: