Update
I finished campaigning so back on regular work schedule. Curently running METSIM at home.
My men's curling team got demoted to Mondays. I missed it due to campaign, but it was an ugly loss I'm told.
Team Martin played Team Dzijacky last Friday. We were in for a tough fight as they are the top seeded team in Div D and the two girls are on the varsity team. Plus our vice was unable to attend and chip in. In the first end, Michelle made an incredible hit and roll behind opponent stones (completely unintntional because we were hitting rocks several feet away from what she did hit). Dzijacky previously had 5 stones in the house with us having none. We gave up one without the hammer (almost stole). In the second end, I made a spectacular schmirler in-off shot (hitting an opponent stone in the 12-foot, rolling the shooter, hitting the opponent shot rock which was behind guards, and sticking) to score 2 points. But it was pretty much down hill after that. we stayed in contention until the 4th end. We had hammer with Dzijacky sitting 3 in the house, the one closest to the button behind a guard. I tried a difficult hit on a 12-foot stone and roll to catch a chunk of the 4-foot. Rolled an inch short and cut them down to a steal of one to trail 3-2. But the next end they stole 3. We got another couple of points later to lose 9-4 (and 5 ends to 3 ends).
Not bad at all compared to the uphill battle we faced. Great job vicing michy. Some spectacular shots. Great draws tricky. And we need you back chip.
On saturday, we went to mere and ang's potluck. Tons of fun and the food was so spectacular. Must do it again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment