Saturday, December 21, 2002

Back by popular demand - but for a limited time only - it's Icky live from Calgary, bringing you all the news you can handle and more.

Having my last exam on Wednesday, I spent most of Wednesday and a lot of Thursday packing. Winson took Iffy, Meeshem, and I bowling on Thursday, and then we were joined by the three Jo's (Joanna, Joyce and Josh) for dinner at a Greek place. The bowling, and my mopping the day before, provided good warm-up for Iffy and my curling that night. After being abandonned by one of our ex-coaches, we went to curling only to find Joyce utterly sick. However, this seemed to make Iffy curl really well, but I was horrible in the first few ends. After Joyce and Josh left, I played so much better, but Iffy started to have problems. Iffy had his very first double takeout, and I made two double takeouts that day (and almost made a triple takeout). We ended up losing, but I think if Iffy and I played a bit more consistently, we would have put up a much stronger fight. The stats are now updated posted on the curling page, but we are winless in the last four matches and since we get an automatic loss on January 2, we will be winless in five.

So getting back to St. George Station at 12 am and getting home at 2 pm after a lengthy coffee session with Iffy, I finished off my packing and never ended up sleeping until I got on the plane. Slept right through the takeoff and the headset handing out part, so I had to ask for a headset later. The flight was very pleasant and ahead of schedule. Got back just in time to get home, change, and drive off to the annual IB reunion at WCHS. Lots of my classmates were there and I got booked for some more events later next week, including curling!

I had my first extensive look at the PEY postings today (just a few moments ago) here at the UofC Library. Look at all those ATI and IBM jobs. You elecs and comps have it great!

Anyways, that's all for now, guys. For those of you who have yet to head home, have a safe trip.

No comments: